We are a “bankers’ law firm.” We deliver specialized, commercially-aware, services to commercial banks and other financial institutions operating in Nigeria. Our advice spans the entire scope of domestic and international banking operations, including lending on the security of all forms of assets.
our leading services
- debt recovery
- commercial banking and regulatory compliance
- local and foreign currency loan agreements
- loan structuring and syndication
- secured and unsecured loan arrangements
Some instances of how we have helped our clients: –
- We frequently advise on loan syndication transactions, and recently acted on behalf of a manufacturer client in a N100 million loan syndication.
- We acted for a leading commercial bank in the recovery of a non-performing trade finance debt of approximately $25 million, granted by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to a local oil service company for the purchase of a vessel to service a contract with a major oil company.
- We acted as solicitors to a major Nigerian bank in raising $20 million by private placement.
- We provided a full range of merger and acquisition services, including representation in regulatory proceedings, to a major Nigerian bank in a N56 billion acquisition of another bank.
For more information, contact:
our core practice areas