We are active in all aspects of construction and real estate transactions in Nigeria, advising developers and funding institutions from initial planning and regulatory clearance, through funding and construction, to a successful completion of the project. We especially understand the challenges and nuances in the regulatory process and in contractor finance, two areas that otherwise can add unnecessary delay, frustration, and expense, and ultimately can reduce the return on investment.
our leading services
- mixed-use retail parks
- commercial and residential estates
- construction contracts and finance
- joint ventures
- public-private partnerships
- asset acquisitions and dispositions
- engineering procurement
- environmental law and regulatory compliance
- start-to-finish support in conveyancing and real estate financing
- sale and mortgage of real estate properties
- real estate investment trusts
Some instances of how we have helped our clients: –
- We acted for a client in its contract to develop an internal township and mixed-use project, as part of a N9.5 billion project, including the construction and financing of roads, residential buildings, shops, public utilities, and waste management.
- We acted for a client in a contract to construct a freeway project valued at over N30 billion, which includes the construction of approximately 10 kilometers of freeway, the design and erection of five bridges, and complete street light installation.
- We served as transaction counsel for a 200-hectare estate in Port Harcourt, providing a full range of legal advice and support including: project preparations; contracts, deeds, leases, and other documentation; due diligence of prospective subcontractors; and participation in all-parties meetings.
- We are currently acting as transaction counsel on a public-private partnership project for the renovation and re-branding of an International Airport Hotel; a transaction involving the re-branding and expansion of the existing 250-bedroom, 2-star hotel into a 500-bedroom 3-star hotel with world class facilities. The transaction is estimated to cost circa N350 million.
For more information, contact:
Our corporate practice area