Based in the heart of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria, with offices in the commercial and legislative capitals of the country, we have been a part of the business life of the sector since our establishment. Our experience in a full range of cases and transactions for our oil and gas clients, and our ongoing commitment to keep alert to and intellectually ahead of trends in the industry, enable us to provide unsurpassed responsiveness, commercial awareness, and cost-effectiveness to our clients.
our leading services
- proactive regulatory advice
- project structuring advice and services
- corporate finance and project finance
- leases, assignments, service agreements, and other operating agreements
- international and domestic mergers and acquisitions
- NNPC accreditation
- industry-specific consultation and advice on tax issues
- custom tailored dispute resolution services, including complex arbitration and litigation
Some instances of how we have helped our clients: –
- We act extensively for Daewoo Nigeria Limited with respect to their operations in the South-East and Niger Delta regions of Nigeria.
- We acted for a major gas pipeline company in the review, amendment, and rewriting of the four-country International Project Agreement for the supply of gas through a $1 billion gas pipeline from Nigeria to Ghana, Togo, and the Benin Republic, as well as associated commercial agreements governing international gas sales, purchase and transportation, and financing.
- We successfully defended multinational oil companies in multiple suits filed by members of their host communities, regarding royalties and rental payments allegedly owed them from our clients’ oil exploration activities.
- We have compiled an impressive record in the successful defense of international oil companies against claims for oil spill damages.
- We annually prepare a comprehensive environmental compliance register for Chevron Nigeria Limited, to alert them to the potential impacts of all environmental laws applicable to their operations in Rivers State, Bayelsa State, and Imo State.
- We served as transaction counsel to an indigenous exploration and production company in its acquisition of three oil mining leases from divesting multinationals. Our work included: due diligence on the assets; advice on ministerial consent in relation to assignments under the Petroleum Act; advice on raising debt and equity financing; preparation of bid documents; oversight of the tendering process; and review of all existing contracts and operating agreements related to the acquisition
- We advised the purchaser in a shareholders’ buyout of a petroleum development company.
- We successfully defended a liquified gas company in multiple lawsuits filed to enforce a mulit-million Naira judgment against it.
- We won a dismissal of a suit against our client, Total E&P Nigeria Ltd., by the Registered Trustees of the Association of Indigenous Oil and Gas Communities in Akwa Ibom State, and 16 others, seeking to enforce the corporate social responsibilities of Total.
For more information, contact:
Our core practice area