Electricity generation and transmission, along with an accelerating conversion to renewable power sources, are some of the most powerful economic forces – and opportunities – that will drive the development of Nigeria over the next 50 years.
Because we are well-established in the power sector in Nigeria, we can deliver a full range of commercially-aware, results-oriented, and frequently intellectually innovative, legal services and support at unsurpassed levels of cost-effectiveness.
our leading services
- advice on operation and maintenance agreements for power generation facilities and power plans
- transaction support to acquisitions and mergers in the power sector
- proactive regulatory advice
- project structuring advice and services
- take-off agreements
- acquisition and integration of power assets
- construction agreements
- power-purchase agreements
- dispute resolution and complex litigation tailored to the dynamics of business operations in the power sector
- a full range of corporate and commercial legal services custom-tailored to the needs, operations, and objectives of our power sector clients
Some instances of how we have helped our clients: –
- We advised Daewoo Nigeria Limited on its operation and maintenance agreement for the Afam V and Afam VI power generation facilities.
- We advised an international investment fund on a proposed loan of $124 million to pay a purchaser’s bid price for a power distribution company.
- We represented a client on a $3 million project consultancy contract with a power holding company with respect to seven medium-sized power plants.
- We advised a bidder in its acquisition of an 80% interest in an electricity generation company, as part of the privatization of Nigeria’s generation sector.
For more information, contact:
Our core practice area