Corporate/Commercial, Taxation/Corporate Governance
Kofo Abayomi Street
Bimbo is the lead partner in charge of the Firm’s Taxation/Corporate Governance Practice Group.
He has in-depth experience in litigation, company secretarial, and transaction advice for local and national companies. He also is an expert in regulatory compliance, legislative monitoring, and alternative dispute resolution.
In addition to his extensive legal expertise, Bimbo has specialized understanding of the impact of legislation and regulatory changes in the oil and gas, telecommunications, and banking and financial services industries.
Some of his most notable achievements include:
- Leading one of the legal teams in the recent merger of one of the banks previously under the ownership and control of AMCON, which has a national licence, with another regionally licenced bank to form a new nationally-licenced PLC, which has emerged as one of Nigeria’s foremost banks
- Leading the team of the lead legal advisor to the reserved bidder in the ongoing concession for the development of fallow land around a National Monumental Edifice located at Iganmu, Lagos State, a concession structured as a public private partnership project worth more than N108 billion
- Leading the team of legal advisor to the trustee in the establishment of a pioneering infrastructure fund in Nigeria, of a value of more than $150 million
Leading the team of sole legal advisor in the restructuring and recapitalization of one of the foremost construction companies in Nigeria, with an asset base of more than N65 billion
- Leading the team of joint solicitors to a state government in southwestern Nigeria in its N500 billion Bond Issuance Programme
Co-led the team of joint solicitors to a state government in southern Nigeria, in the restructuring of its N50 billion Bond Issuance Programme
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Fellow of the College of Law of England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, U.K (Nigerian Branch)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (associate member)
- Center for Effective Dispute Resolution (accredited mediator)
- NCMG/ABC Group (associate mediator)
- Lagos Multi-Door Court House (listed mediator)
- Lagos State Judiciary (listed mediator)
- The College of Law of England and Wales (International Practice Diplomma in International
- Arbitration Law, International Business Organisations, International Mergers and
- Acquisitions, International Joint Ventures, and International Capital Markets and Loans)
- The Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (LL.B)
In his spare time, Bimbo enjoys watching movies and reading.