Corporate/Commercial, Taxation/Corporate Governance
1, Block 2, River Patoka Close
Off Nile Street
Chukwuma’s corporate and commercial practice focuses on some of the most critical components of successful business operations in Nigeria: company secretarial services; government relations; regulatory compliance; due diligence; intellectual property transactions; and legislative affairs.
He advises major enterprises in a cross-section of major industries and business sectors in Nigeria, such as oil and gas, and securities and capital markets. Some of Chukwuma’s most notable achievements include:
- Advised a major international construction company in its acquisition of a 20% equity stake in a Nigerian Government-sponsored, but private-sector led, development financial institution
- Currently advises one of the largest fertilizer manufacturing companies operating in Nigeria on several regulatory isssues, as well as the consequential impact of board decisions as it relates to the company’s operations in Nigeria
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, U.K. (associate)
- Sickle Cell Aid Foundation
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (LL.B)
Chukwuma has a flair for the arts. He also enjoys engaging in policy analysis, playing badminton, and travelling.