Our lawyers understand the legal, regulatory, and economic challenges of establishing and operating a successful energy or natural resources enterprise in Nigeria. We work in this field every day, and all of our lawyers, regardless of their primary practice focus, are aware of, and are ready to support, the central role of our Energy & Natural Resources practice Group in our firm’s service to the business community in Nigeria and to investors worldwide.
Our Leading Services
- advice on operation and maintenance agreements for power generation facilities and power plants
- transaction support in energy-related acquisitions and mergers
- proactive regulatory advice
- project structuring advice and services
- take-off agreements
- acquisition and integration of power assets
- construction agreements
- power-purchase agreements
Some Instances Of How We Have Helped Our Clients: –
- We advised Daewoo Nigeria Limited on its operation and maintenance agreement for the
- Afam V and Afam VI power generation facilities.
- We advised an international investment fund on a proposed loan of $124 million to pay a purchaser’s bid price for a power distribution company.
- We represented a client on a $3 million project consultancy contract with a power holding company with respect to seven medium-sized power plants.
- We advised a bidder in its acquisition of an 80% interest in an electricity generation company, as part of the privatization of Nigeria’s power generation sector.
- We acted for a major gas pipeline company in the review, amendment, and rewriting of the four-country International Project Agreement for the supply of gas through a $1 billion gas pipeline from Nigeria to Ghana, Togo, and the Benin Republic, as well as associated commercial agreements governing international gas sales, purchase and transportation, and financing.