Corporate/Commercial, Taxation/Corporate Governance
12 Igbodo Street
Iboroma’s practice in our Corporate/Commercial Practice Group focuses primarily on: project finance; construction; infrastructure; oil and gas; investment and divestment; mergers and acquisitions; and regulatory compliance.
Iboroma has worked with clients in every major industry and business sector in Nigeria, and has special expertise and experience in the legal and regulatory issues affecting the construction and oil and gas sectors.
Iboroma Akpana has worked on the following notable transactions:
- Advised a foreign client in guiding its Nigeria subsidiary through the acquisition of a majority stake in a local company
- Advised a US-based company in the start-up of a Nigerian entity
- Acted for a telecom company in the restructuring of its trade liabilities
- Advised the Bureau of Public Enterprises on legislation regarding the environment, health, safety and social issues, and international obligations
- Advising a Chinese entity on the establishment of a Nigerian company for the purpose of developing and operating a free trade zone in Nigeria.
- Acted for two foreign clients (affiliates of an indigenous oil company) in the sale of shares of a foreign entity to a South African company (and the consequential indirect transfer of a 40% interest in an oil mining lease)
- Represented a client in negotiating and drafting an asset sale and purchase agreement between a client and an oil services company.
- Acted for a client in the preparation of a joint venture agreement between another corporate entity and the client for the purpose of jointly engaging in environmental clean-up activities on behalf of Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited
- Advised Daewoo E&C, Korea, on the requirements and procedures for foreign investments in Nigeria
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Law Society of England & Wales
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- admitted to practice in New York State
- admitted to practice in England and Wales
- Notary Public of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Harvard Law School (LL.M)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- University of Jos (LL.B)
- University of Ibadan (B.Sc Biochemistry)
Iboroma spends his leisure time cycling, running, water skiing, and playing chess.