12 Igbodo Street
Lugard is an experienced legal advisor and practitioner in commercial litigation, oil spill disputes, energy and natural resources, corporations and regulatory compliance, finance, and projects and infrastructure. He also advises on the business establishment and corporate restructuring.
He previously served, from 2014 to 2015, as Special Assistant to the Honourable Commissioner of Trade, Industry & Investment of Bayelsa State, working as part of the team that led and coordinated the trade, industry, and investment portfolios of the State Government.
His broad base of industry-sector experience enables him to perform major roles in some of our Firm’s most notable matters, such as:
- Defence of SPDC, Total E&P Nigeria, and Chevron in oil spill claims
- Successful defence of Nigeria’s foremost fertilizer company in a multi-million naira lawsuit by members of a host community claiming over 40 hectares of the company’s land
- Representation of NLNG, Daewoo Nigeria Ltd., Notore , and Indorama Eleme Petrochemicals Ltd. in complex contracts and commercial disputes
- Structuring the $400 million financing of the management and shareholders’ buyout by an investor in Amni International Petroleum Development Company Ltd.
- Structuring the ongoing development by Assets & Resource Management Ltd.of a 200-hectare residential golf estate, of a value of approximately N50 billion
- Collaborating with a major global law firm in the financing of the fertilizer and jetty projects of a major fertilizer company in Nigeria, in a deal worth approximately $40 million
- Defending a major engineering and construction company in a N3.5 billion naira dispute alleging breach of a contract for the development of a mixed-use real estate project
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- University of Lagos: (LL.B.(Hons.))
When not reading books about strategic issues and analysis in the business world, Lugard breeds dogs, watches football, and enjoys travelling.