We draw upon our deep, comprehensive store of legal expertise and experience, and combine it with our thorough understanding of the realities of strategic business decisions in Nigeria, to walk alongside our clients through the entire merger or acquisition experience to a successful conclusion.
Our Leading Services
- selection of the most appropriate structure
- legal risk analysis
- due diligence
- complete documentation production or review, including financing documents
- transfer of intellectual property assets
- labor relations issues
- service contracts administration
- representation in related litigation, arbitration, and regulatory proceedings
Some Instances Of How We Have Helped Our Clients
- We advised the purchaser in a N56 billion bank merger, which required litigation and participation in court-ordered meetings.
- We conducted due diligence, and prepared or reviewed all essential documentation to support our client in the acquisition of a 20% stake in a major bank.
- We advised the purchaser in a shareholders’ buyout of a petroleum development company.
- We acted as solicitors to a purchaser in the acquisition of a corporate entity in order to acquire a third target asset.
- We served as transaction counsel to an indigenous exploration and production company in its acquisition of three oil mining leases from divesting multinationals. Our work included: due diligence on the assets; advice on ministerial consent in relation to assignments under the Petroleum Act; advice on raising debt and equity financing; preparation of bid documents; oversight of the tendering process; and review of all existing contracts and operating agreements related to the acquisition.