Litigation/Arbitration, Energy/Natural Resources
12 Igbodo Street
Nelson’s key practice areas are Dispute Resolution, Energy/Natural Resources and Corporate/Commercial. He represents our Clients in cases bordering on complex commercial, construction, maritime and labour/industrial related disputes as well as claims in relation to oil exploration activities at trial and appellate courts and arbitral tribunals.
A motivated, result-oriented and self-tasking lawyer, Nelson constantly delivers pragmatic, workable outcomes and solutions that exceed client’s expectations.
Since joining the Firm, Nelson’s resourcefulness and practical legal knowledge and skills have contributed to notable achievements such as:
- Successfully defending Nalco Energy in a labour/industrial claim in the sum of over N29 Million.
- The successful defence of Nigerian LNG in N17 billion consolidated garnishee suits.
- Successfully defending major Oil Companies such as; SPDC and Chevron in oil spill liability claims and general oil and gas related claims at trial and appellate levels.
- Successfully drafting an Employment Handbook and Manual for a Multi-national Energy Company.
- Successfully advising Oil Companies such as Moni Pulo and Amni and Oil Servicing companies on sector related legal and regulatory compliance issues.
Nelson also bears an excellent track record in academics, having graduated among the top tier one percentile at the university as well as receiving the prize for third overall best student in Corporate Law Practice at the Nigerian Law School.
- LL.B, Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- B.L, Nigerian Law School
- Nigerian Bar Association
- In his spare time Nelson plays football, engages in football punditry, social commentary and youth mentorship.