Litigation/Arbitration, Labour/Industrial Relations
12 Igbodo Street
Nosa is a team lead in our Litigation/Arbitration Practice Group. His dispute resolution experience spans issues arising from every core practice area in our Firm, including subjects such as complex contracts and commercial relationships, bank transactions, oil spill liability,and major property deals.
Nosa and his team have advised and represented companies across all of the major industries and business sectors in Nigeria, especially in the oil and gas sector. Some of his most noteworthy cases include:
- A $2.8 million pending contract action on behalf of an international oil company arising from the defendant’s breach in the transportation of our client’s barge flow station from the United States to the Niger Delta in Nigeria
- Defence of an N11.1 billion pending lawsuit against an international oil company for loss of fishing rights and other economic damages arising from an alleged 300,000 barrel crude oil spill from our client’s facility
- Successful defence of a foreign client in an action to enforce in Nigeria a $55 million judgment obtained in England on behalf of a Community in Rivers State for losses resulting from an oil spill
- Successful defence of a major Nigerian fertilizer company in a N25 billion lawsuit over the ownership of land on which it carries out its operations
- Defence of an international oil company in a N29.4 billion pending claim for loss of life, fishing rights, and other economic damages arising from an oil spill and fire in Rivers State in 2008
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- University of Benin (Nigeria) (LL.B)
Nosa enjoys music, movies, football, playing the piano.