Solola & Akpana is a top-tier full-service law firm registered under the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that provides top-notch legal services to local and international clients.
References in this policy to “we”, “us” or “S&A” are references to Solola & Akpana.
Reference in this notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information.
How we obtain personal data
As a law firm, we frequently obtain personal data as part of our professional activities. We may collect your personal data:
- in the course of our recruitment processes;
- when you seek legal services from us;
- when you or your organization provides services as our vendor;
- when you email us or contact us via our social media platforms or subscribe to any of our products and services.
Scope of the personal data we collect
The personal data that we collect, and process may include:
- basic information such as name, employer, title, age, relationship affiliations with a person or organization;
- contact information such as physical address, email address, fax and phone number(s);
- background information such as provided by you or collected by us as part of our recruitment processes;
- confidential information: provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing legal services;
- details relating to your visits to our offices; and/or
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
How we use your personal data
Whether we obtain your personal data directly from you or from a third party, we will only use your personal data in connection with our professional activities (including the fulfilment of our legal or regulatory obligations). These “Authorized Uses” may include:
- providing legal advice or other services to our clients;
- managing our business relationship with you or your organization, whether in connection with the delivery or procurement of goods and services or as your employer or former employer, including processing payments, accounting, billing and collection and related services;
- acting in compliance with our legal obligations;
- supervision of access to our offices, systems and online platforms;
- complying with court orders and other legal requirements;
- processing that is necessary for purposes of the reasonable interest of Solola and Akpana or third parties provided that such interests do not override your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- for any purpose relating to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to Solola & Akpana.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. Please note that you may withdraw your consent at any time, you may so wish.
Ways in which we may process your personal data may include:
- communicating with you with respect to legal developments, announcements, events and our services which may be of interest to you;
- issuing reviews or marketing materials;
- gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our interaction with you, such as through website analytics or the tracking of our client publications; and
- any other purpose for which you have given consent.
Sharing your personal data
A list of our offices, together with relevant contact information, may be found on our website. Irrespective of how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all the offices within Solola & Akpana. All our offices will at all times ensure at least a standard level of data protection is always in place. Where we share or transfer your personal data, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its protection.
Keeping your personal data secure
We will take the appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction. Personal data may be stored on our own computer devices/information system or those of our vendors or in paper files.
Retaining your personal data
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Authorized Uses or you withdraw your consent (whichever is applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise authorized to continue to hold such data. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent that deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
Your rights regarding your personal data
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are authorized or required by applicable law and by our professional obligations, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you. Except as provided above, we will not use your data for any automated decision making or any profiling. You also have the right to be forgotten, right to modify/amend your data with us and right to limit our processing of your personal data.
How to contact us
Tel: +234 084 303078